So this past Tuesday was not only National Selfie Day but also National Yoga Day! I talk a lot about practicing yoga and the impact it has had on my life.
I decided to share some facts with you.
History with Yoga
I started practicing yoga in 2008 – best thing ever!
I discovered yoga while studying aromatherapy and alternative medicine to treat depression.
I still chat with Peggy, my yoga instructor to this day
I want to become a certified Therapeutic Yoga Instructor
Reasons I like Practicing Yoga
- It's gentle
- Exercises mind, body, and soul
- The different variations allow for fun and flexibility in exercising
- Promotes healthy lifestyle
- The whole family can do it together
- You don't need a gym membership or expensive equipment
My Favorite Poses
- Ardha Matsyendrasana – Half Lord of the Fishes
- Dandasana – Staff Pose
- Adho Mukha Svanasana – Downward Facing Dog
- Virabhadrasana II – Warrior II
- Bhujangasana – Cobra
I fell out of sequence with my yoga routine and am working on incorporating it back in my life daily. I shared my process of setting this goal in the MidYear Goal Challenge.
If you have a goal or something you'd like to work towards, register for this free challenge and get started today.
Have you ever tried yoga?